Are you a talented Internet marketer with a passion for search engine optimization looking for an awesome new opportunity? Do you want to experience the excitement of a rapidly growing start-up company? We are looking for a creative and hard-working individual to join our growing team of talented ecommerce and marketing professionals. As the Senior SEO Specialist, you will implement powerful Search Engine Optimization strategies, create content that engages and drives traffic, and help to lead the rest of the Organic Team to strengthen and promote our web properties. You will contribute new ideas and strategies for how One Click can encourage organic, targeted linking and keep us on the cutting edge of this evolving medium. The person in this position is expected to take a leadership role on the Organic Team and to aid in communication between Organic Team members and the Director of Organic Search. 2-5 years of SEO experience is preferred, however we are far more interested in what you have done and what you are capable of doing than the number of notches in your belt.
One Click Ventures has been named by the IBJ as one of the fastest-growing privately held companies in Indianapolis and is the 2011 recipient of the MIRA Award for Excellence in New Media. We operate a variety of content websites and e-commerce stores. Since 2007, revenue has grown over 700% and we have been profitable and debt-free. As the business continues to grow at a rapid pace, you will have the opportunity to grow with it.
We promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results, and embraces change. Our smart, intensely-driven team members are challenged to reach higher and think outside of the box, while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and flip flops. We believe in doing things right and having fun along the way. If you share our passion for innovation and the opportunity to navigate uncharted waters, and wish to have the chance to have an immediate impact working with a highly motivated group of people who love what they do, we want to hear from you.
- Utilize keyword and market research to plan SEO strategy for the One Click properties
- Communicate and implement strategies team-wide
- Assist the Director of Organic Research with training new team members
- Ensure best practices are being met for all content and web properties
- Participate in content development, whether it be blog posts, resource pages, widgets, or infographics
- Actively contribute to the team’s partnership efforts by building relationships with bloggers, social media influencers, organizations, and new sites in order to establish long-term mutually beneficial partnerships
- Analyze keyword data and identify opportunities for content and on-site optimization
- Test, prospect, and plan to help the team be more efficient and successful
- Optimize written content, widgets, infographics, videos and sites for search engines
- Stay abreast of latest trends in the SEO industry with constant research in the SEM community and communicate news to team members
- Evaluate and make recommendations to prepare for changes and/or test new opportunities based on the current market status and competition
- Communicate with internal stakeholders and management team to discuss planning, strategies, and results
- Learn and understand our brands, products, and customer base
- Work with our developers, designers, and marketing team to make our sites better, not only for search purposes but for customer experience
- Excellent writing skills- experience with blogging or print journalism is a plus
- A love of the Internet and familiarity with social media platforms
- Outstanding interpersonal skills- you will be working on a team, as well as communicating daily with bloggers and site owners
- Admirable leadership skills and a contagious passion for taking care of others and making those around you successful
- Solid computer skills including familiarity with HTML and programming
- A highly competitive nature that responds well to challenging goals with a “can do” positive attitude
- Strong analytical and statistical skills with the ability to summarize data and identify trends
- Creativity and a willingness to experiment
- The ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial culture
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and successfully manage projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, complex environment
- Achievement oriented– the ability and self-motivation to direct your own learning and achieve individual goals
- A hard-working, dedicated, and passionate team-player by nature
- Intermediate/Advanced Excel experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, English, PR, Communication, or related field required
- 2-5 years of SEO experience is preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive annual salary
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401k with company match
- Generous paid time off for vacations/holidays
- Flexible schedule
- Discounted employee purchases
- Continuous learning and opportunities for career advancement
- Relocation assistance for those that qualify
How to Apply:
This job is a full-time position with benefits and competitive compensation located at our office in Greenwood, IN.
1. Create a cover letter telling us a little about your background and explaining why this position is a good fit for you.
2. Create a resume that shows off your work history and skills.
3. Include your salary requirements in your cover letter or resume.
4. Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our company is growing. Our industry is growing. And our people are growing. The fact is, when you work at One Click, the opportunities for professional growth are limitless.